Marketing Awards - The 2011 Markies
Eloqua Acknowleges the Best of the Best
Welcome to our fifth year of formally honoring excellence in marketing. Yes, even before the Eloqua Experience event came into being we started celebrating your accomplishments in an official ceremony. Each year it’s become a little bigger with more bated breath moments and more ecstatic smiles, and now the Markie Awards dinner is an integral part of our annual conference.
2011 Categories and Finalists
Select any category to learn more. Our finalists are listed below in alphabetical order. Winners are in bold.
- Best Customer Lifecycle Program: D&B, Forrester Research, LexisNexis Risk Solutions, mindSHIFT Technologies, Inc.
- Best International Campaign: National Instruments, OpenText Corporation, Lexmark/Perceptive Software, Cisco TelePresence
- Best Lead Nurturing Program: Avid, GSMA Limited, McAfee, Rally Software
- Best Lead Scoring Program: GAIN Capital, JDSU, STEMCELL Technologies, Inc., Taleo
- Clean House: Autotask Corporation, McAfee, National Instruments, New Hope Natural Media, a division of Penton Media, Inc.
- Connecting in the AppCloud Award: Actiance, LexisNexis Risk Solutions, Progress Software, Vertafore
- Event Nirvana: Domo Technologies, Isilon Systems, NIIT Enterprise Learning Solutions, Sonic Foundry, Inc.
- Extraordinary Email: Cleveland Cavaliers, Eaton, Shoretel, STRATFOR
- Fastest Time to Value: Terapeak, Blackbaud, Inc., Covidien Energy-Based Devices, Trend Micro Incorporated
- Getting to Know You Award: Box, Citrix Online, Cleveland Cavaliers, KPA
- Integration Innovation: Avid, Concur Technologies, InterfaceFLOR, Singtel Optus
- Marketing and Sales BFF (RPM): Citrix Online, ECI Telecom, J.D. Power and Associates, Kronos, Incorporated
- Marketing Center of Excellence: Motorola Solutions, National Instruments, NetApp, Platts
- Marketing Visionary: Meagen Eisenberg, ArcSight (an HP Company), Heather Loisel, JDA Software Kimberly Prescott, Intermec Technologies Corporation, Niraj Sharma, Arrow ECS
- Most Creative Marketing Campaign: American Express Small Business Services, ArcSight (an HP Company), Flightglobal, Reed Business Information, Unisource Worldwide, Inc.
- One View of the Truth (RPM): Concur Technologies, D&B, uptime software
- Revenue Growth (RPM): ADP, Cross Telecom, Cvent, Inc.
- Rookie of the Year: CHEP USA, ion interactive, TELUS, Tenzing Managed IT Services
- Sales Impact (RPM): Cross Telecom, Kronos Incorporated, ReadyTalk, STEMCELL Technologies, Inc.
- Social Media Innovation: Cvent, Inc., Ericsson, OpenText Corporation, Sage
What are the Markie Awards?
They celebrate and recognize excellent marketing -- when right-brain creativity and left-brain analytics combine together for greatness. The winner in each category receives a beautiful statue to announce to the world what they’ve accomplished. This is your chance to shine and earn the recognition that you deserve.
Who can enter?
Any marketer anywhere that has demonstrated results from their marketing activities.
If I cannot attend the Awards Ceremony at Eloqua Experience can I still enter? Can I still win?
Absolutely. Several past winners have been unable to attend and instead designated someone to accept on their behalf.
What is the deadline to enter?
All submissions must be received by Friday, August 5. We will be unable to accept submissions after that date.
How many finalists will be announced in each category? And when will they be announced?
Due to the number of high-quality submissions we expect to receive, we plan to announce four finalists per category this year on September 16. All finalists will receive a crystal plaque to honor their achievement.
Can I enter more than one category?
Yes. For example, you may want to submit your lead scoring program and your lead nurturing program, each into their respective categories. However we ask that you enter a specific campaign into only one category. (If the judging panel thinks it is mis-categorized you will be notified that it is being moved into a new category.) As an example, if you’ve done a highly personalized nurturing campaign, you need to select to enter it into either “Getting to Know You” or “Best Lead Nurturing”, but not into both. Please note that no single company will be selected as a finalist or winner in more than three categories.
Can I enter an older campaign that started two years ago?
We ask that you limit your entries to programs or campaigns that had the bulk of their work or results since August 2010.
What makes a winning entry?
This answer varies per category. In general, our judging panel gives preference to submissions that are able to show measurable and strong results. It is perfectly acceptable to include charts, graphs and other items that visually represent performance. Also remember that a 3-page entry may sometimes be more effective than a 20-page entry, especially if you’re able to distill the important facts clearly for the judging panel.
Ready to get started? Join the ranks of the world’s most successful marketers. Earn yourself a Markie!
- August 5: All submissions due
- September 16: Finalists announced
- October 20: Winners announced at the 5th Annual Markies Ceremony